Tuesday, March 27, 2007
The Future is Near
Sleeping has gotten progressively hard these past few weeks. New York is warming up for spring and my mind has working around the clock - I'm constantly imagining the band and how we can push it over the top. With artists dancing on treadmills, launching international blog campaigns, and producing increasingly impressive and polished records, originality is a must. I can't even begin to tell you how many bands we have played with that have a solid sound and great musical talent but zero image - zero buzz. (There are some extreme exceptions to this - bands such as Stella Rose, Calhoun, & Three Leaf are shaking up the local scene) My uncertain future lies ominously on my desk in the form of a one way plane ticket to the lone star state. Sleep, it lately seems, is a waste of time - I have to crack the rock star code.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment